Three years ago, I had a serious skin reaction to a bug repellent containing DEET (Product Information). The rash and itching lasted for days! We took immediate action to develop an All Natural Insect Repellent.
The problem with a lot of All Natural Repellents is:
(1) The combination of Essential Oils may not be an effective blend.
(2) Based on the formula, the Essential Oils may evaporate too quickly
(3) Depending on the ingredients used, they can sometimes have a greasy or sticky feel to them.
(4) If they're ineffective, repeated application may be in order, as little as every 10-15 minutes.
We did countless hours of research on effective ingredients. We created our own blend. We did side-by-side testing with our blend and other company's All-Natural blend. Ours outlasted theirs 2 to 1. However, that was not good enough. We "went back to the drawing board". We created more blends. With each new formulation, we continued to do side-by-side testing; one bottle from the newest batch/blend and one from the previous blend. We continued the process until we met our goals, which has always been:
(1) All Natural (2) Effective (3) Pleasant Fragrance (4) Affordable.
We did it! After three years of research, testing, research, testing (well, you get the point), we feel confident we have an outstanding product. We think you'll agree.
Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Carrier Oil, Essential Oil Blend including Citronella, Lavender, Cedarwood, Lemongrass and an all natural emulsifier. No dye or preservatives added.